Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"The Case Against College"

     After reading this article I have mixed emotions.  In the beginning I began to agree with Dale Stephen (the author) because I find that students creativity is limited within the educational system that we engage in.  As I read further into the article though I began to question the validity it had.  The reason for this is because we grow up believing that home-schooled children aren't as smart as those who are taught in public schools.  I do feel that they are able to express their creativity more, but I also find within my own experience with home-schooled students that they struggle to be socially accepted.  This I believe can be tested and would be argument enough to prove that despite their greater amount of creativity, home-schooled students may struggle in job situations.  I understand there are many different arguments toward this, but I find that a larger importance on creativity is necessary in public schools to help with the advancement of our society (and to keep up with the ever competitive economy).

No comments:

Post a Comment