Monday, October 10, 2011

Writing Workshops

   Looking back on the first writing assignment that we completed, and on the assignment that we are currently finishing up; I have found the writing workshops extremely useful.  At first some of the assignments are confusing, regarding the specific ideas that the teacher is looking for in the writing, but through these workshops I have been able to understand a clear idea of this.  I feel that myself and many others benefit from analyzing someone elses piece of writing because we can gain ideas, generate thoughts and recieve input that help us to analyze our own writing in a different way.
   The assignment that we are currently finishing (assignment #2) we wrote two drafts for.  I found that this was helpful as well because I was able to revise a draft that didn't specifically address the assignment task.  I think that by creating a variety of drafs and revising helps a writer become more in touch with their writing and to further deepen their understanding.  In the end, I believe that my overall final copy of a piece now shows a deeper thought process that I did not contain before because I continually asked myself to look further into my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment